At Langwarrin Primary School students from Foundation to Year 6 will participate in a weekly LOTE lesson each week. Students will explore culture and traditions whilst developing their language knowledge and communication skills in the language they are studying.
Students at LPS have the opportunity to develop language and cultural knowledge in the following languages: Spanish, French, Japanese, Modern Chinese, AUSLAN, Indonesian and Italian.
- The Languages studied at Langwarrin Primary School aim to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills for students to:
communicate in the language they are learning
- understand the relationship between language, culture and learning
- develop intercultural capabilities, including understanding of and respect for diversity and difference, and an openness to different experiences and perspectives
- understand themselves as communicators
- develops understanding of how culture shapes and extends learners’ understanding of themselves, their own heritage, values, beliefs, culture and identity
- strengthens intellectual, analytical and reflective capabilities, and enhances creative and critical thinking.