Parents and Friends Association (PFA)
Parents’ clubs foster closer links between parents, teachers and the principal; facilitate parent participation in their child’s school; and work together with school staff and the school council to ensure the best possible educational outcomes for the benefit of all students.
A parents’ club not only benefits students, but also can enrich and contribute to the wellbeing of the whole school community through their positive interactions and support. Parents participating in PFA activities can gain a firsthand understanding of the general operations of a school, can use, and build on, existing skills and expertise, develop friendships and work collaboratively with other parents interested in supporting the school.
PFA Activities at LPS
PFA members, working with the principal, provide invaluable support to the school in a number of ways, for example:
- establishing valuable links between teachers and parents
- organising information and welcome events for new students and parents at the school
- helping with other school events and functions, such as walkathon, book fair and sausage sizzles
- organising fundraising activities
- helping to cater or work at fundraising activities
If you would like more information about the PFA, or would like to talk about how you could be involved, please contact our school office.